Our jun is fermented with local raw honey and organic green tea! We focus on developing unique flavor pairings of local and seasonal honey and green tea varietals to produce an amazingly healthy and delicious lightly effervescent beverage!
Our current seasonal flavor profiles are:
- Mesquite Gunpowder - Mesquite Honey/Organic Gunpowder Green Tea
- Sage Jasmine - Sage Blossom Honey/Organic Jasmine Green Tea
- Wildflower Jasmine- Wildflower Honey/Organic Jasmine Green Tea
- Orange Gunpowder - Orange Blossom Honey/Organic Gunpowder Green Tea
- Avocado Oolong - Avocado Blossom Honey/Organic Oolong Tea
- Wild Buckwheat - Buckwheat Honey/Organic Chun Mee Green Tea
The culture that we use to make our Jun is very similar to a Kombucha SCOBY. SCOBY is an acronym for Symbiotic Community/Culture of Bacteria and Yeast. Sounds pretty cool already! : ) The primary difference between a traditional kombucha SCOBY and Jun SCOBY is that while the kombucha culture likes to consume sugar and often black tea to thrive, the Jun culture loves honey and green tea as its primary fuel.
We use local raw honey in our Jun! We love bees and the unique terroir of honeys they produce, celebrating the sun, flowers, soil and seasons. Learn more about bees, keepers and the health benefits of honey.
We use fair-Trade, organic green tea in our Jun! Learn more about the rich history, culture, varietals and the health benefits of green tea.